Wednesday, June 8, 2011

We Are America

 We Are America: A Tribute from the HeartWe are America: A Tribute from the Heart by Walter Dean Myers. WOW. Get ready to have the chills as you read this book. It is like riding a roller coaster of emotions to watch a country goes through the roller coaster ride in history. Moments of pain, anguish, fear, pride, contemplation, doubt and back to pride all add up to make the history of ONE nation. Combining the gift of words from Walter Dean Myers and the talents of Christopher Myer's paintings and you have a book that you would definitely want to read and reread.
I don't think my review can do justice to this book. So my invitation is for you to open this book and immersed yourself in a book that traces the complexity and beauty of its people and the events that marked this nation.
I'll leave you with a poem to just get you curious enough to pick up this book...a sneak peek like I like to call it.

We are America
The land of the free
Wealthy beyond belief
and not wealthy
the land of equal opportunity
and not equal
The land of justice
and injustice

To each child a freedom dream
To each soul the sweet taste of liberty
to each heart give the promise
of America

To my dear America, I'll be celebrating 10 years of living in this beautiful country this July. I'm forever thankful for the people I've met, the places I've been, and the lives of children I was able to touch. Thank you.

No comments: